Reach for your DREAMS.
Carry the DREAMS of children.
Cross the finish line together!
Big Shoulders Fund is running again and we want you on our team. If you've made a resolution to get fit, set a goal to run a half or full marathon, or just want to cross " 26.2 miles in under 6 hours," off of your bucket list we want YOU to join us and carry children's dreams all the way across the finish line.
If joining the racing team isn't your pot of tea, consider supporting the fundraising efforts of our runners! Click here to view a list of racing team members and check out their personal stories.
Who Should Join?
Not ready for a full marathon? No worries, join the 2014 Chicago Half Marathon on Sunday, September 7, 2014.
Are you ready to tackle the monolith? The race that tests everything you're made of? Awesome! Join us for the 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 12, 2014.
Up for the Challenge?
Great! Being a Member of the 2014 Big Shoulders Fund Racing Team means you're not in it alone and you have access to a wide range of support to meet your fundraising and racing needs.
For the race:
- Guaranteed entry to 2014 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Discount on 2014 Chicago Half Marathon registration fee
- Free Chicago Area Runners Association training ( $145 value)
- Running Shirt
- Training Kick-Off event
- Pre-Race dinner
- After race celebration
- Personal website for fundraising
- Fundraising tips and support
- Monthly e-newsletter
Group fundraising events
To Keep You Going!:
- Student notes during training
- Fun runs with team and students
Other team building events like:
- Give Back Days
- Rooftop event
- Safety seminars
Run the 2014 Chicago Half Marathon and/or
Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Pay your entrance fee
- Register yourself for your race
- Raise a minimum $500 for those running the Chicago Half Marathon and $1,500 for those running the Bank of America Chicago Marathon
Becoming a part of the Big Shoulders Fund Racing Team is easy!
- Complete the half marathon or marathon registration packet, depending on your race and send back to Amy Drozda in the Big Shoulders Fund office at email@example.com.
Then, set-up your personal fundraising page.
Contact Amy (firstname.lastname@example.org / 312-751-3850) with questions and for additional information.
The Big Shoulders Fund Racing team is proud to partner with: